Tuesday, September 16, 2008

what kind of place...

what kind of place do we live in when:
  • We judge presidential candidates by their mom’s marital decisions? I heard this pastor from Harlem on the radio this am saying he was raised to believe “white women who married black men in the 50s & 60s were trash” therefore “Obama is trash b/c his mom is trash”… then went on to say whoever calls "Bristol Palin white trash b/c she’s a teenage mom is terribly terribly wrong and doesn’t know the meaning of trash". Pastor Manning is nuts, see for yourself.
  • We judge vice presidential candidates by their fashion choices. Ok ok I can’t even lie as a person who loves thrifting, I’m impressed that Sarah Palin used to frequent a vintage shop in the last frontier state! :) and is it just me or does she kinda sound like the mom (Martha Generic) from Bobby's World?
  • The Chairman of our Committee on Ways & Means doesn’t pay taxes? (amongst some other shady actions)... oh, Charlie
  • I have to pay $50 (up from $25, up from original price: free) if I’m not a good packer, or if I have to transport more than can fit in a carry on and 1 checked luggage...
  • ...and I’m not even touching the financial entities (i.e. Lehman, Fannie, Freddie, Bear Stearns). But i am saying kudos to the (soon to be only) Bank of America as my brother works there… but um, can he get a raise, and not have conference calls at like 11pm? Banker’s hours smanker’s flowers :)

No comments: