Tuesday, March 31, 2009
anywho so if music were my husband, this would be the child we're thinking about adopting right now... (except we're not breaking any laws like madonna):
i loooooove the club beat & kanye is always amazing! must do more research into this dj class fellow...
Months ago my Roomie told me my blog makes my life seem boring & I must admit it def does, but it just moves too fast 2 blog about! Ill never be 1 of those super cool bloggers w/ 50 trillion followers, but I'm happy w/ my 1. ... Hmm looks like I'm not getting on metro right now bc that train was too packed & wouldve had 2 hold on instead of type.
As I listened 2 the radio this am I heard a caller on DC 101.1 call members of his fam bam "livers w/ legs" which I think is hillariously sad & heard too many t.I. Songs I swear I hear more songs now that he's goin 2 jail than I did b4. How come there's no outrage & hoopla about his gun charge last year & folks refusing 2 play his songs like there is/was 4 Chris breezy??
Woohoo! On the train & off 2 work prob have 2 end this soon bc don't get service under tunnel. Good ole red line is always stopping on the tracks so guess ill keep typing 4 now. Sooo taxes r done & I'm super happy about that. Fiesty carribean lady from hour block who did em told me 2 challenge her next year by getting married, havin kids & buying a house! Told her nah, but ill donate more 2 my charities. Ok gotta go b4 tunnel
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG I WAS SOO SCARED ALL OF MY DAYS WORK WAS LOST 4EVER B/C I HIT THE TUNNEL RIGHT AS I WAS SAVING IT! ok, at work now, must go well, work. closing thoughts:
- i'm overwhelemed by seeing obama every week. i understand he's trying to be a more visible, people's president, but it starting to smell like good pr to me
- the idea of polygamy is interesting to me. how do we know we're supposed to be matched 1 to 1??
- reading an interesting book called the wordy shipmates by sarah vowell & it's super good, but i NEVER alot time to read it, so i'm only on like page 8 & i've had it for weeks
- 3 of my favorite people are having a smoke cigars, sip wine & read get together on friday! knowing them they'll go all out & have the hugh heffner smoking jackets, loafers, ascot (if they owned a monicle, they'd probably have that in too)
- ummm guess that's all... wish there was a way to automatically import tweets into a blog entry then my life would be 10 times easier!
song o the day: turning me on (keri hilson ft tpain & wayne)... "... & the oa-k-ley shades go so hard with it" :) good job to tpain for only cursing 4 times & still having a solid verse!... interesting keri hilson verse, but i like her bc she's from atlanta...of course i loooove wayne's verse
Sunday, March 29, 2009
just finished all 3 seasons of the original star trek series... yep, after spending many a days & nights in front of my laptop i've completed all 83 episodes!!!
THANK YOU HULU!! YOU (& my coworker who was the last straw to convince me to watch the series) HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER!!
i'm sooo hype/ready for the movie now :) thankfully the movie wasn't released this month! between the watchmen & star trek, i don't think my heart would have been able to handle the excitement... no pressure jj (abrams) but this movie better be totally awesome!... and not have an uncomfortably long, slow, cheezy sex scene like the watchmen.
song o the day: (more like noises of the day) background sound to the star trek movie trailer:
Saturday, March 14, 2009
had a dream i was passing around bday card, everything seemed normal, then i went over the the new girl's desk so she could sign it so she stopped packing and signed. we talked a lil, then her supervisor came out w/ a group of people 1 of whom "was married to an obese man so she had to call him before she caught her flight back home, but she couldn't reach him (she looked like someone i've seen at a conference & i noticed she was standing super close to her colleague, so i was suspicious)... somehow new coworker turned into a black girl, but i still new it was her so i kept talking as if all was the same. she then started talking about how she loves to read and she wants to write a book and a girl that stays with her was mad one day bc she was flushing the toilet too much. when i asked why she flushed the toilet so much she blamed it on some rare condition where "an electrode (or electrolyte) explosion that takes place in her stomach"... i woke up soon after. i've gotta stop dreaming about work!
think i should unsubscribe to time bc i'm behind and i don't read em as much as i used to... read their "pop chart" this am & found out seinfeld's doing an nbc reality show & snoop is converting to islam & lindsay lohan is converting to judaism (think she's doing it for samantha ronson??).
ok i'm off to check out all of the local musician wash post highlighted in the weekend section yesterday!... and scream in smoe's ear to wake him up :)
song o the day: do you realize (the flaming lips) ... also in time mag i read OK just made this their state song! now i'm curious as to what other state song are out there, and how oftent they change...please note the host saying they started in a transvestite bar in OK
Friday, March 13, 2009
anywho, umm lost train of thought so i'll keep typing, but tv is so loud can't concentrate (darn you king of the hill theme)...got it so i've accomplished 1 thing this cold friday nite- photoshopping a pic from my bday thing (come back to me march 8th) at modern:
trying to decide if i'm gonna wake up super early & volunteer w/ church's homeless ministry or spend time w/ smoe. it's odd bc folks think we're always together, but smoe & i rarely actually enjoy time we spend together... bc we're always doing somethin else (i.e. commuting or running errands or he's on the computer as i sleep/as i talk n the phone, etc.). he works tomorrow afternoon so ideally we could spend am & early pm together, but even if i don't wake up at crack of dawn to feed homeless i gotta volunteer w/ kids early pm so our time is limited...is it silly to plan a "couple time"... aren't we too young to be too busy w/ conflicting schedules? oh well. feel silly for blogging about this so i'll stop & post the 4 song that gave me an extra boost of energy late at work today:
gloria (laura branigan) ...i love her outfit. this song is such a classic!
dirty diana (mike jack) ...this song makes me think of my band friends from hu!
beat it (mike jack) ...love love love the dancing, love the outfits, love the fact that the cute light skinned guy from ny undercover is in it,love the piano shirt & absolutely loove the way mike gets outta bed when the hook first comes in!
go your own way (fleetwood mac) ...regardless of what mood i'm in this always makes me hype.
1q1b OUT (a la star trek)... off to watch my show & wait for smoe to get off work & come over.
WARNING: the sound will haunt you all day:
song o the day: summertime ... i've probably already posted this song, but think it's great (especially nina simone's version)... i've been obsessed with watching porgy & bess for like 2 years, but no hollywood video has it (don't have a blockbuster card). i was tempted to buy it for myself as a bday gift, but heard not all versions are as good as others. i researched it a lil last weekend, but got distracted and started looking up info about operas i wanna see (mainly carmen & madama butterfly)... i say all this to say after reading some harsh criticisms about porgy & bess, i'm lowering my standards a lil but still really really really wanna see it... one day!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
song o the day: imperial march a.k.a. darth vader's theme .... i love the close ups on the cello & bass section (there's a surprise if you look closely)!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
- learned to be more confident in your skin/body. don't have low self esteem, but def don't let it all hang out & i'm more covered than not. well not anymore! brazilian women wear the cutest outfits (weather its a scantily clad bikini, or a nice sun dress) they wear their clothes well regardless of size/shape. i'll def adopt this attitude this summer... o & they wear hammer pants, but its super cute. didn't have time to buy any so i'll search for em this week. (this pic is of a man we saw at the beach... even the guys were super confident as a lot of them wore speedos & were gut out all day- i saw A LOT of male butt cracks too)
- my years of spanish paid off & i knew more than i thought. to me portuguese is a mix between spanish, french & long e's & nasal sounds (i'm sure this isn't the most politically correct observation of another language). b/c i speak fluent spanglish (yep thats "spanglish" not "spanish") i was able to pick up a lot quicker, plus i had a few conversations w/ brazilians who couldn't speak any english, so i picked up a lot there too (thank god for nonverbal language, body language, mannerisms, etc.) (in this pick the guy behind me is a black guy from brooklyn who was o so happy to see us & speak english! guess you don't realize how powerful communication is until there's a handicap you must over come)
song o the day: guess who's back (scarface feat. jay, beanie)... i'm back in the great us of a, so thought it'd be fitting :)